This website is operated by FERTILYSIS (“We” or “us” or “Us”) for the purpose of creating awareness about specialized diagnostic solutions for infertility and making available through mail order purchase, medical diagnostic services offered by Fertilysis (“FERTILYSIS”) to patients and healthcare professionals.
If you are a European citizen you have probably heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") that comes into effect May 25, 2018. This new regulation is here to give you complete control over how your personal or sensitive information is used, by whom and for what purpose.
Personal information we collect
- Information you directly share with Us
- While purchasing Our Services.
- In order to purchase our services, you may be required to create an account on our Website where we collect your full name and email address.
- After the completion of your order, information regarding your order such as the Products or Services purchased and order status (e.g. confirmed, cancelled) are collected.
- We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party site, (e.g., Facebook, Twitter or other social media) from our Website. This may include any text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party site. Since we do not control the third party practices and policies, please be sure to review them beforehand.
- Self-reported information.
- We offer Services such as medical consultations or answer your questions (e.g. over phone, any voice, text or video app, email, web forms) during which you willingly may share health-related information (e.g. hormone levels, history of infections, genetic disorders, diabetes, thyroid disease, BMI, sperm or egg quality, past medical reports), demographics, lifestyle fertility affecting factors (e.g. working conditions, smoking, eating and drinking habits) fertility history (e.g. abortions, miscarriages) and family history information (e.g. family history of infertility, thrombophilia or genetic disorders, diabetes, thyroid disease about your family members). Before you disclose information about your partner or any family member, you should make sure you have permission from your partner or the family member to do so.
- To contact Us via email, you are required to fill in a web form where you share Personal Information such as full name, date of birth, contact information and address.
- Web Behavior Information and Tracking
When you visit our websites, we may record your IP address. The amount of information about users made available from their IP addresses varies greatly, for instance depending on how they are connected to the Internet.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect and store basic statistics regarding your interactions with our Website and use these statistics to understand the number of visitors to the websites, the geographic regions from where visitors access our Website, the date and times when users access our Website, what search terms are used to find our Website, what webpages are visited prior to visiting our Website, what specific pages on our Website are accessed, what browsers are used to view our Website, the operating system of the client device, the device type and the domain names of the servers or browsers used to access our Website. We may enable all the features and functionality offered by Google Analytics to combine behavioral information in terms of devices and sessions (authenticated and unauthenticated). In order for you to read more about the way Google collects and user data, please click here. You may opt-out at any time by changing the Google Ad Settings and if you choose to completely opt-out of Google Analytics please click Opt-out.
The ways we use information
We use the personal information you provide to be able to offer and improve our Services. These may include, but not limited to, to set up your account and allow you to make online purchases of our Services, identify you as the owner of your order, associate your account with your Samples sent for analysis, track your orders and communicate with you in reference to them. Additionally, we may Contact you regarding changes in our Policy and Terms, analyze your interaction with our Website in order to further develop and improve our services, prevent security risks and quality control purposes.
Furthermore, in cases where, but not limited to, where new Services are offered that may benefit you and further complete your diagnosis, based on your results and tests taken you may be notified accordingly.
Once you contact Us to request information regarding but not limited to our Services you may disclose personal or sensitive information (such as health related, full name, address) to help Us reach solutions regarding technical matters (troubleshoot technical issues) or answer your questions.
We will not share any or your information (personal or sensitive information) to any other customer without your consent.
When you create your account on Our Website, you agree to receive newsletters and emails regarding Our Services and offers. You may unsubscribe at any time by pressing the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the page but you cannot opt-out of receiving emails regarding order creation, processing, confirmation or any other process related emails.
Information disclosed to third parties
In order to offer our Services, we use third party providers to support and help us fulfill and have the highest level of Services for our customers that extend in the following:
- Payment: To purchase Our Services, after creating your order you will be safely redirected to the secure webpage of the third party bank that We collaborate and that will request your credit card information in order to complete your order.
- Shipping: We use third party distributors to send, collect and deliver your kit to our third party laboratory, LM.
- Lab: After completing your order and your kit is collected, the latter will reach our third party lab, LM, that will process your samples. After the analysis is complete, the results reports are placed in the LM IT system to be disclosed to the doctor or medical consultant who will notify you of your results.
- IT: We use third party secure storage providers for our Website, infrastructure and databases to keep your data safe and safeguarded. We take measures to protect your Data and raise awareness of Our staff.
- Corporate transactions: In case we change our corporate structure or be involved in any transaction such as but not limited to a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred and remain subject to this Policy, unless informed otherwise.
In case you wish to share your personal information, results, reports or any other information that is known to Us to with your partner, friends, family, healthcare provider or any other individual or company you should provide your explicit consent beforehand. Please use this option carefully and in accordance to Our Policies.
Website and Information Security
We take all the appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data by maintaining it on servers with restricted access and other security precautions. As confirmed by the secure website certificate, any information that you provide to or receive from our websites is encrypted, and therefore protected against interception by others, using Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology.
It is important to know that keeping your information safe is also your responsibility, therefore protect your data and account information.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Website and the information contained therein is not designed for children and may not be suitable for children under the age of 18. Furthermore, our Services are not available for use or purchase for people under 18 years old or for anyone under the age at which one is considered an adult in their location, if higher than 18 years old. Once you register or use our Services you declare that you are an adult over 18 years old (or over the age of majority for your location). In case a parent and/or a legal guardian of a child needs to order a Service for their child, it is the parent’s and/ or legal guardian’s full responsibility to ensure that the information submitted is accurate about his or her child and for make sure that this information is kept secure.
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), in cases where individuals purchase our Services for themselves or their others without being a healthcare provider we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
- You have the right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent regarding us possessing your data at any time with respect to Greek legislation restrictions. In case the processing of your data occurred before your consent withdrawal, it is still lawful. Any withdrawal of consent to use and process your data after completion and payment of your order will result in us being unable to complete it meaning that we will be unable to analyze your samples and you will not receive any test results, suggestions or reports. In this case you are not entitled to a refund.
- Right of access your Personal Information. You have the right to request of a copy of your personal information that you have shared with us, through our Website or that you have self-reported by other means as described in this policy.
- Right to rectify your Personal Information. You can rectify some of your personal information that you find to be inaccurate and/or incomplete at any time by following the steps described above.
- Right to be Forgotten. You may request the deletion of your account and the information you shared at any time. Although, under certain circumstances and specifically in cases where retaining and possessing your data is no longer relevant in relation to the purpose for which these information was provided to us, or if this information was given to us with your consent which you later withdrew or if you believe that the reason for which we processed your data was not legitimate and you object to it. In any case, if we do not have a legitimate reason of further retaining or processing your Data we will erase them as stated earlier. In case your data has been legitimately shared by us with other third party controllers, according to our Policy and your previous Consents, upon such Data deletion request we will take all necessary steps within reason, taking into account our technical and financial capabilities to inform such third party controllers of your request for deletion of such Data as long as this is within our legal rights to make such request on your behalf. In some cases, we are obligated by Greek law to retain medical information Data for a period of up to ten (10) years. In such cases we will reject your request for deletion of such data.
- You have the Right to data portability. You can request to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format within our technical and financial capabilities. Also, you may request that we transfer it directly to another “controller”, where this is technically feasible and does not affect the rights of others.
- Retention of your information. Your personal information, will be kept as long as you do not exercise your right to be forgotten and your account is open.
Effective date 25 May 2018.